cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoClarke
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

McAfee warning after installing Ventura 13.0

I have just installed Ventura 13.0 on my MacBook.  After installation the McAfee icon in the toolbar has a red exclamation mark against it.  When I go into the LifeSafe console it indicates a status of 'secure' and MacSecurity and Identity all seem fine. I also checked and ran an update and there were no issues with this.  I am unclear what the exclamation mark means and what I can do to fix/remove it?

10 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 11

Re: McAfee warning after installing Ventura 13.0

Hi @JoClarke 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly let us know the following to assist you with the issue

McAfee version:
Product Suite:
Screen shot of error message:

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Kingfisher
Contributor II
Message 3 of 11

Hi, Newby here

Menu Bar McAfee Icon greyed out with red warning triangle. When opened tells me "Your Mac is at risk" however open the McAfee Total Protection App and all in the green.

McAfeeTotal Protection Version:-4.15.0.0 (567). Affid:-1490. Anti Malware Version 4.15.0 (100) Engine Version:-6400.9562. DAT Version:- 10517.0000.

Have also been experiencing random Total Protection App. Hangs. Have uninstalled McAfee Total Protection and re installed it numerous times. Found a university forum saying there is a bug in the latest Apple MacOS Ventura and to deselect McAfee settings in the Privacy & Security Full Disk Access and switch off McAfee settings, close the Full Disk Access, then re open and turn on the switches again. This resolved my initial problems (I think) but not the above Menu Bar McAfee Icon issue or the Random Hangs where a PC reboot resets.

Would be grateful for any suggestions or explanations

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 4 of 11

HI @Kingfisher 

We regret for the inconvenience!

McAfee is aware of the issue and our team already working on it. We will let you know, once the issue is fixed.

Requesting your co-operation in this regards.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Kingfisher
Contributor II
Message 5 of 11

Many thanks your prompt response and await further information/instructions

dsaravanan
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

McAfee version: Endpoint security for MAC 10.7.8
McAfee Agent Version: 5.7.5.504

MAC OS 13.0 Ventura

Issue: Threat Prevention: Not Working from installed MAC OS 13.0 Venture

Kingfisher
Contributor II
Message 7 of 11

Hi, hope I am on the right thread to continue from my initial thread.

Since my last thread have been experiencing further hiccups with McAfee/Total Protection. In addition to my previous am now experiencing random crashes/hangs with Total Protection namely Real Time Scanning and Web Advisor ceasing operation, i.e red flagged. Unable to resolve the issues from within the App. Looking at my MacBook Air Activity Monitor McAfee/Total Protection shows "Not Responding". Forcing Quit and then trying to restart the Total Protection App. sometimes works but more often than not I have to reboot my laptop? You may already be aware of the above problems as part of the overall issues since upgrading to Mac OS Ventura

bob100
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Had the same issue. Install the Mac update that just came out. It fixed the issue on my machine.

Kingfisher
Contributor II
Message 9 of 11

Hi Bob100,

Thanks your email. I assume by "Mac Update" you mean Apple Mac OS from Ventura 13 to Ventura 13.0.1. Did this two days ago on my MacBook Air laptop. Initially there was no change.......if anything it got worse. However, since yesterday McAfee does seem to have settled down back to what I call normal functionality. Fingers crossed, time will tell. Many thanks to the Forum

Murali_Krishnan
Message 10 of 11

Hi Bob100,

Thanks for your response,

Its good to hear that McAfee is working as expected. Please feel free to respond back if come across any issues related to McAfee.

regards
Murali Krishnan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community