Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wazzux
Contributor II
Message 1 of 41

McAfee fails during the update - Mac

Jump to solution

Hi Team

After Big Sur 11.5.1 last update the product fails during the virus definitions update.

I manually reinstalled from the McAfee web site  but the issue persist.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 41

Re: McAfee fails during the update - Mac

Jump to solution

@wazzux 

McAfee is aware of this issue and our engineers are working on this. We will keep you posted with updates once we get further information..

Also, Kindly do let us know If both automatic and manual updates throws this error.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

David_Bailey
Contributor II
Message 38 of 41

Jump to solution

Working for me.  Thanks.

Xian
Contributor II
Message 40 of 41

Jump to solution

@Bharani_BD 

Hello,

My Mac automatically got the latest version of McAfee 4.11.1.1, every thing is ok

Thanks

40 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 41

Jump to solution

@wazzux 

McAfee is aware of this issue and our engineers are working on this. We will keep you posted with updates once we get further information..

Also, Kindly do let us know If both automatic and manual updates throws this error.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 3 of 41

Jump to solution

Been having this problem on my Imacs since early yesterday, as it was occuring on both, I had a suspicion it was a issue downloading it. It wasnt helped by the fact I had a router problem yesterday too. 

Spoke to Support agent in chat, but didnt have any "idea" as to how long it would be till it was fixed, but I am getting the problem on my Catalina and High Sierra iMac.

Is there a way to download definitions and apply them manually (i.e. browse to fille) or are we dependent on the auto-update or Updates button?

sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 41

Jump to solution

@ChrisKing 

The automatic update normally works without any issues in this regard. However, our McAfee engineers are working on this issue now. We will keep you posted with updates once we get further info on this. We are kindly requesting you to update us if you receive the same error on automatic updates as well.

Regards
Siva N

Dimestorecowboy
Contributor
Message 5 of 41

Jump to solution

Having same problem on Mac 11.5 both Manual and Auto  updates, also same experience on Mac with M1 and Mac with Intel....please resolve ASAP!!!

fmharr
Contributor
Message 6 of 41

Jump to solution

I am getting this error on my MacBook Pro (i7) and Mac Mini (M1).  Error is both Automatic and manual modes.

pnewman
Contributor
Message 7 of 41

Jump to solution

I can confirm that this is happening on auto and manual update attempts

kx32
Contributor
Message 8 of 41

Jump to solution

Me to fed up with the lack of support.  Contract up soon so will be able to change to a different anti virus

sivasubramanian
Message 9 of 41

Jump to solution

@pnewman 

Thanks for confirming the same. We will update the same to our engineering team and update the status. Please share the Mac OS version and McAfee version.

Regards,
Siva N

juubaker
Contributor II
Message 10 of 41

Jump to solution

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

McAfee Total Protection 4.11.1.0 (1012)

AffId 1276

Language en-us

Engine version 6200.9189

DAT version 10050.0000

7/19/21

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community