Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay1771
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Webadvisor

Hi all, 

This might be a bit of a weird query but the picture of I have attached is one of the legitimate McAfee extension for safari users right? In case your wondering how this question even ended up in my head, I had left my computer off on sleep mode. After returning to it I clicked the safari icon to open up safari and the window opens to safari with the preferences tab opened up, what was weird was that the McAfee extension was unchecked and as far as I can remember I it was on, what makes it quite weirder is that the disabling the extension isn't one of those things you can do with an accidental swift motion or gesture so I just wanted to double check that I am enabling the right extension. 

I know I am probably over thinking this but I guess its better just to be safe.

Thank you

Jay

Screenshot 2021-04-11 at 20.22.54.png

McAfee Total Protection 

4 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Webadvisor

Hello @Jay1771 

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. This might have happened due to Safari update that would have turned Off WebAdvisor. Could you please help with WebAdvisor and macOS version?

Regards,
Madhan M

Jay1771
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Madhan ,

Yep sure, MacOS 10.15.6 and WebAdvisor 1.0.0 as seen on the image in the initial query.

Hope this helps

Jay

Jay1771
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Madhan ,

This had just came to mind, could this also be caused because of this issue I am also still having:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-Products/Firewall-has-gotten-turned-off-more-to-it-then-just-tha...

Thank you

Jay

DavidKline
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I had a related problem. Safari kept opening over and over, including on restart, pointing to the preferences/extension page with Webadvisor unchecked. What seems to have solved it is turning webadvisor off, which is ok because I don't use Safari anyway, and Firefox has pretty good similar functionality on its own. But I'm wondering if there's a general issue between Webadvisor and Safari.

My system:

Mac OS 11.7

Macafee Antivirus Plus 4.15.0.0

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community