Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rggoode
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: LiveSafe not working on macOS Monterey

Jump to solution

This is happening for me as well. When I try to launch McAfee, it immediately quits and displays and error: "McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security quit unexpectedly."

It's been happening for a while.

I'm on a Mac with the 8-Core Intel Core i7 Processor, running  Monterey version 12.4.

I'm thinking about asking for a refund and dumping the application.

HuwThomas
Contributor II
Message 12 of 18

Jump to solution

This was fixed for me (crashes/quitting unexpectedly) when switched to Total Protection and MacOs upgraded to Monterey v12.5

Can not see VPN though - see other logged problem

Mac M1 Max 14" May 2022

SoulSurfer
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Jump to solution

Can you share with us, which version of Livesafe you are using?

PK57
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Jump to solution

Just upgraded to a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.6.1 and Livesafe will not Scan or update it just keeps crashing. Have you resolved yours?

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi @PK57 

We are sorry to hear that. Please let us know the McAfee version which is installed on the machine. Have you tried re installing the application ? 

Regards
Magesh J

PK57
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi my MacBook is running monterey but after installing and reinstalling McAfee Livesafe any attempt to update or run a scan results in the application crashing. I have contacted support who have advised me that there are some issues that they are looking into.

SoulSurfer
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Jump to solution

So far really unimpressed with support, as I always have been. I upgraded to Ventura and it still didnt work. I have read that some M1 users have this working, but not I. 

7tronics
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Jump to solution

Comment about authorizing McAfee kernel extension is a good one. For non-Macos admins, how can we do that and what extension are we looking for?

I reboot and it appears LiveSafe is running OK, get a message within 15min that it isn't and cannot restart LiveSafe firewall or real-time scanning.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community