Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britcar6
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Live safe install fail on MacBook Air with macOS Ventura

Jump to solution

Not able to install LiveSafe on MacBook Air with M1 chip running current macOS Ventura 13.2.1.   Downloaded mcafee-macinstaller-3.3.dmg, click to chevron icon in macinstaller window, click to an install window which flashes on for about 1 sec and disappears.  Nothing further happens.  Any ideas?

LiveSafe installed OK on our iPhones and iPads running iOS 16.3.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Britcar6
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Live safe install fail on MacBook Air with macOS Ventura

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response.  I was going to ask where to find the files you mention but when I opened the Mac I saw that LiveSafe was installed and working.  Maybe it was installing in the background or the McAfee fairy was flying over last night and waved a wand to put everything right.  I will still try exploring around with “Finder”. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Britcar6 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly try removing the Mcafee traces from below location and try reinstalling the Mcafee.

/usr/local
/Library/Launch Agents
/Library/Launch Daemons
/Library/Preferences
/Library/Preference Panes
/Library/Application Support

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Britcar6
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response.  I was going to ask where to find the files you mention but when I opened the Mac I saw that LiveSafe was installed and working.  Maybe it was installing in the background or the McAfee fairy was flying over last night and waved a wand to put everything right.  I will still try exploring around with “Finder”. 

Imanferestade
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have the same problem and can't find the file you mentioned 

would you please help more?

CandyReview
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Sure thing! Hey there, Mac user! Having trouble installing LiveSafe on your MacBook Air with macOS Ventura and M1 chip, huh? No worries! Let's try a couple of things to get it working. Check macOS Security Settings: Go to "System Preferences" > "Security & Privacy" > "General" and click "Allow Anyway" if the McAfee installer is blocked. Disable Conflicting Software: Make sure no other antivirus programs are running. Disable or uninstall them temporarily. Contact McAfee Support: If it still won't install, reach out to McAfee with your macOS and installer details for a quick fix. You're doing great securing your devices – keep it up! Good luck! :rocket:

https://michellemadridbranch.com/

GaneshR
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @CandyReview 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee is already aware of this issue and working on a fix at earliest. We will keep the group posted.

Alternatively, you can reach McAfee consumer support for more information

McAfee consumer support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community