cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tropics
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatible?

Jump to solution

I bought  Internet Security For Mac 2011 on firday, and I keep getting the error:

"McAfee can't be installed on this computer.

There is other application protection software that is not compatible with McAfee internet security. Please remove any other application protection programes previously installed."

I have uninstalled the only other security programmee I had, and I still get this error.

Please help, thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tropics
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Re: Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatible?

Jump to solution

Little Snitch is what was causing my issues, one that was gone it worked fine

View solution in original post

morrissey007
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Re: Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatib

Jump to solution

I solved this. Here's how to fix it, permanently. Remove Little snitch completely (but don't remove your rules - its an option in LS uninstaller) . Then do the Install Mcafee, set it all up (disabling mac firewall and enabling Mcafee's firewall). Once the install is finished reboot your Mac. THEN install Little snitch and all works fine. hope that helps...I just did exactly this and all works well.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Re: Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatible?

Jump to solution

Hello Tropics, requesting you to reply to my email in order to proceed further on this issue. Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Thread moved from Home and Home Office to Business > VirusScan Other for better attention.  (No MAC support section in Consumer at this moment).

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello Conor, Hope your issue is resolved . Kindly confirm the status.

fredsarran
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

I have exact same issue. I only have Little Snitch (firewall) but wish to keep it enabled. Please help !

Tropics
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Yes, my issue is resolved, thanks

Tropics
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Little Snitch is what was causing my issues, one that was gone it worked fine

fredsarran
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Little Snitch needs to be on my iMac, surely there should be an solution to install side by side McAfee Internet Security for Mac ?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Frederick, I'd just like to echo your contern about losnig Little Snitch! Sure hope they'll listen and come up with a solution.

rumplestiltskin
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

If Little Snitch is causing the problem (and when I turn it off it doesn't seem to help), then "Goodbye McAfee". I'll listen to any other suggestion but the other antivirus app I had installed had no issues with Little Snitch. So this is a bug or a poor design choice my McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community