Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT2
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

IS THIS POP UP REAL

Jump to solution

I keep getting this pop up asking me to make changes in Security & Privacy. Is it for real? Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Penguin
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Re: IS THIS POP UP REAL

Jump to solution

I also called a very helpful service guy who took over control of my laptop and fixed it very quickly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @JT2 

Yes, it's genuine pop from McAfee installation in MAC OS. Please follow the onscreen instructions to allow the McAfee services in your MAC OS. 

Penguin
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I have followed the instructions but the pop-up keeps coming back even after rebooting twice. Any advice?

pkilduff
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have performed all of the step but the McAfee Alert keeps popping up.

JT2
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Make sure, after you follow the instructions, that you check off the blocks. In the end I called service and a guy helped me out. It worked. 

Penguin
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I also called a very helpful service guy who took over control of my laptop and fixed it very quickly.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community