cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhagal92
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Horrible experience with McAfee on Mac OS

My wife paid for and downloaded the McAfee anti-virus suite on her mac. It's given her nothing but grief, I wonder what experience other mac users have had with it. Webadvisor in particular seems to be a big problem, I'm not quite clear if it's worth using it or not, I mean why does an anti-virus have to have a separate app for browsing https://100001.onl/? Every time she restarted her mac, a Safari window opened to the Extensions settings  (she never uses Safari). Anyway... end of rant.

2 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 3

Re: Horrible experience with McAfee on Mac OS

Hi @bhagal92 ,

Greetings from Mcafee,

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are facing related to Web advisor in safari . kindly open the safari browser and disable to web advisor extension so that you wont be getting that popups anymore . 

Regards

Nagesh G

cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Horrible experience with McAfee on Mac OS

I am an end-user, not McAfee support.

I find Webadvisor extremely useful. The reason it's an add-on to the browser is that certain functions need to be performed within the environment of the browser. The rest of the antivirus is more concerned about files on the Mac / PC, or new ones arriving.

Norton, Bitdefender, Kaspersky and many others now use this in-browser security detection.

If you are getting lots of pop ups and it's becoming intrusive, then it's doing its job, and you should understand the implications and risks of whatever sites are being browsed. I rarely get notifications, but when I do, I take serious notice of them and take the recommended actions by Webadvisor.

Hope this helps.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community