cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brayden12
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Experiencing issues with McAfee Livesafe.

Hi there, since Monterey's launch, I've been having issues with my McAfee Livesafe. (Device details at bottom of message.)
Ever since I got Monterey (At launch), my firewall hasn't actually worked, at all. Whenever I turn it on and exit McAfee, it just disables itself shortly after.

I'm also unable to do any scans, as every time it says it quit unexpectedly just at the end, or says the scanners stopped responding. I actually haven't been able for run a scan for multiple months.

As a result, for nearly a whole year- I haven't been able to use the features for McAfee. I'm currently depending on Apple's security systems to ensure my Mac is safe.

Kind of disappointed that we're paying for something that we're not receiving.

Please tell me it's possible to fix this. Thank you in advance 

Brayden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Device details:

Intel iMac (macOS Monterey 12.4 (21F79))

McAfee Livesafe (v. 4.11.2.0 (1215))

2 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 3

Re: Experiencing issues with McAfee Livesafe.

Hi @Brayden12 

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working towards a fix at the earliest. We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Hari

FStoer
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Experiencing issues with McAfee Livesafe.

McAfee Total Protection for Mac OS

Running Monterey, MacOS version 12.6.3 on MacBook Air 13-inch 2017

Cannot turn on Firewall; "At risk" alert won't go away; tried clean install of both OS and McAfee. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community