cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sofyan
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Error while installing updates on Mac M1 Ventura 13.0.1

I have a McAfee an active Total Protection subscription on my MacBook Air M1 Ventura 13.0.1.

Mcafee on my mac keep asking for it to be updated, and if I choose "update", the Mcafee Total Protection Console will show that it is downloading updates, but it actually got stuck at 90%. Later the update will fail showing the message "Error while installing updates!".

McAfee keep asking for UpdateMcAfee keep asking for UpdateMcAfee keep downloadingMcAfee keep downloadingMcAfee fail installing updatesMcAfee fail installing updates

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Sofyan

4 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error while installing updates on Mac M1 Ventura 13.0.1

Hi @Sofyan 

Greetings From McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee is already aware of this issue and working on a fix for this issue. We will keep you posted.

Alternatively, you can reach McAfee consumer support from below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Dosani1977
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi 

This issue has been raised in other tickets since January 2023.  See here: https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/Mac/Error-message-installing-updates/td-p/715322

When will it actually be fixed?  Otherwise I will just uninstall.  It's hard when you are presenting your screen to colleagues and these error messages keep popping up.

It's not acceptable

Regards

Amit

Sofyan
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Dear McAfee Customer Support,

Thank you for the response.

Can I have the solution for the McAfee Total Protection update problem?

It is really annoying to have the pop-up windows keep coming asking for and failing the update. 

Best regards,

Sofyan

Sofyan
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Dear McAfee Customer Support,

It has been more than one month since my request for the support.

I have not received any solution for that. In the mean time, McAfee Total Protection keep asking and failing to update, which is super annoying. The only calm period is when the Total Protection Console crashed and stop annoying me. But after I restart my MacBook, it came back and annoy me multiple times a day.  

I couldn't believe this is how McAfee support its paying customer. The chat support was also useless, I have to wait very long to get a reply, and got myself disconnected right after I got a reply.

McAfee Total Protection is the worst app and support I've ever used on my MacBook.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community