cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanjitren
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Constant issue with your product on MAC OSX - unstable product

Hi, Apart from the first few months in 2021 where I guess my macOS was not up-to-date, I have had constant issue with your Total Protection Lifesafe product on my MAC. It crashes really a lot (unexecpeted closure) sometimes when clicking on updates but most of the time it is when trying to activate the VPN (clicking on VPN activate/deactivate toggle that just doesn't even change its state) I went to several OS upgrades (now on Monterey 12.3.1 but it happened wit 2 previous OS)and upgrades from your product to try and fix it to no avail. I even tried re-installing your product from scratch. The irckier part is that there is no way to send a report on the crash with the logs to your test team, no chat with tech support available, no reference or mention that user may encounter potential issues with VPN on MAC even if your tech team must obviously know it as just reading 5 min. on this user forum shows it is a regular occurence since 2020. In this year and times I think your customer and tech team support could be better and this is really a shame. How can you even release products that are so unstable on a well known OS is above my comprehension. Yes, some lag time may sometime be necessary in between the release of a new OS and the testing and bug fix of a product but this is just below standards. I am so pissed I took on my valuable time to register in your user forum ..., just to inform the other users that are facing the same issue that it is not a new thing, that it will continue to happen after each OS update, to avoid loosing their time now and move on to another product that offer better stability, bug reporting and user support.

1 Reply
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 2

Re: Constant issue with your product on MAC OSX - unstable product

Hi @hanjitren ,

We are deeply regret the inconvenience  caused and we are glad to serve you better in providing a better solution on your issue. Since you have mentioned that you've gone through OS upgrades, Please help us with the below details to assist in resolving your query. We have released appropriate versions which includes bug fixes and knowledge base articles which enlighten more details. kindly refer the below article and also let us know the Mcafee version installed on the device .

App Crash .

Regards

Nagesh G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community