cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noglass
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Can't install livesafe

When i try to install McAfee Livesafe i get an error that i have an antivirus software that i need to remove before i can continue.

I've been using bitdefender earlier but thats deleted now and i've been trying to find whats causing the issue to install livesafe.

Searching in the "Application Support" folder to find anything but i don't find out what app/software is blocking the installation.

Is there any way to find out or search what software is doing this?

Would be alot more helpful than using "sodu su" in terminal to search for every software that may not be supported that i found here
https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101083&_afrLoop=22271568...

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
noglass
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't install livesafe

I've been using "sudo find / -name '*........*' " and searching for all incompatible softwares listed in the link above and deleting the files.

I still get the error that an antivirus software is already installed.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

​,

Here are the removal tools for BitDefender products, by year and individual suite.

Uninstall Bitdefender

I also suggest after making certain you have all incompatible software removed off your system.

To once again remove your McAfee products from the Control panel/Programs and Features/Restart. And follow up by running the MCPR Tool/Restart. Then go to your account and download/install your McAfee software.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
noglass
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Bitdefender is completly removed and the only mcafee file i have is the dmg file when i search the system in terminal.

I've searched for all incompatible software that's not supported and none of them is in my system.

I cant open MCPR.exe file as I have a mac.

varonica
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com from the additional Mac or Pc you are installing on.

Click Log In.

1. Type your email address and password, and click Log In. ...
  2. Click My Account. ...
  3. Select the  icon.
  4. Select the correct LiveSafe product subscription, and then click Download.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community