cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabuchi
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

time adjustment on dual boot for OS X and Windows

I am using a dual boot system for Mac OS X Leopard and Windows 7 for several months now. In order to maintain correct time between two OSes, I needed to create "RealTimeIsUniversal" (DWord, set to 1) in registry and set Bios time to the Universal time. This worked OK until I installed McAfee. It appears that the McAfee Ineternet Sec. uses different rule to adjust time. Is anyone know how to disable the McAfee time adjustment?

Tags (1)
6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: time adjustment on dual boot for OS X and Windows

It does nothing to the system time but there is a firewall setting to allow Network Time Protocol (Port 123) which you may have to enable.

Assuming you are talking about the home products double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Advanced Menu (bottom)

Click Configure (left)

Click Internet & network (top left)

Click Advanced (right)

Click System Services (left)

Check that item in the list and click Apply and then OK and exit SecuritCenter.  It should be OK but you may need to reboot for it to take effect.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Moved to Personal Firewall Plus 10.

mabuchi
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Dear EX_Brit, thank you for your help. However, my McAfee, being provided for free by Comcast, may behave differently from yours because I do not see quite different menu contents. Please see attached files.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

You don't get a sub menu on the left when you click that Advanced button over at the right?

Than I suggest you contact Technical Support Chat.  (McAfee Support top of page > Home and Home Office Support).

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/12/09 7:00:49 EST AM
mabuchi
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hi. Guess what happened when I clicked the 'e-mail and chat' help. The McAfee installed "Virtual Technician" an then scanned my PC. It appears to me that, because it did not find any problem, no link was provided for further help. Only option was 'help with fee'. I will replace McAfee with other program. Before I switched to McAfee I was using Avast pro and had no time/date related problem but it tended to give faulse positives. In the past I used bitdefender with good results.

Thank you for your help.

Mabuchi

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Chat support is free, you must have missed that option.  However if you've decided to go with something else, that's your prerogative.   Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community