cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoaoValle
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

"Scanning Stopped. No Response From Scanners" MAC/OS 10.14.6

Anyone have had the same issue with Scanning stopped on a Mac operating Mojave?

Is there a solution to this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Customs scanCustoms scanFull scanFull scan

12 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13

Re: "Scanning Stopped. No Response From Scanners" MAC/OS 10.14.6

Hi JoaoValle,

Could you please post your issue to the below forum as Community Help Forum is for common issues. We have dedicated forum site for each product.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-and-Linux-Products/bd-p/mac-and-linux.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

JoaoValle
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

LKS this is not a solution. 

There is no way for anyone to know what is a common problem. Please delete your post and let the community decide if this is a common problem and you could be more helpful as you work for the company if there is a solution to the problem. I pay for this software, it's not free.

Thank you and post something a bit more positive.

Thank you.

Joao Valle

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13

Hi @JoaoValle 

Please let us know what McAfee version installed in your MAC OS also make sure McAfee updates are upto date.   

JoaoValle
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Hi Sudhakar this is the version I have. the last time I checked Mcafee was updated. Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 19.56.13.png

nepa-user
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Was wondering if you ever got a response about this problem. Mine just started doing it. 

kimo77
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

I have the same problem (Scanning Stopped. No Response From Scanners) using McAfee LiveSafe version 4.10.1.0 on Mac OS version 11.2.  The scan runs fine on my MacBook Pro using the same version of McAfee LiveSafe and the same Mac OS version, but, I get this problem on my 2020 27" iMac.

I searched the support community but don't see a solution for this.  Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

kimo77
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

My issue is resolved.  I just installed a "new version" of McAfee LiveSafe.  The version number is still 4.10.1.0 but the number in parenthesis after that is different.  I downloaded McAfee just to see if there was a new version, and when I ran the installer, it said it needed to uninstall an older version.  After the uninstall completed, the installer installed the new version, and I can run scans successfully now.

Millerf1
Contributor II
Message 9 of 13

Very annoying.  This is the umpteenth time this has happened on several MAC versions.  Reinstalling repeatedly is getting to be ridiculous.  Is McAfee snake oil?

Millerf1
Contributor II
Message 10 of 13

Have had this problem on multiple MAC operating systems.  If this continues I will not renew.

I have had to repeatedly reinstall McAfee.  The scanners do hundreds of thousands of files then stop for some reason.  McAfee also fails for no apparent reason sometimes.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community