Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RussJM
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

macOS error re McAfee needs upgrading to 64bit

Jump to solution

For a few months now I occasionally get an error message generated by macOS referring to McAfee will not be supported in future with future versions.  I believe this relates to 32bit versus 64bit applications.

Is anyone else seeing this message and do we know if McAfee are addressing the issue?  According Apple support forums, 32bit applications will eventually not be compatible.

clipboard_image_1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Re: macOS error re McAfee needs upgrading to 64bit

Jump to solution

Hi @RussJM 

Please reinstall McAfee & let us know if still same issue persist.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @RussJM 

Please let us know the MAC OS version & McAfee product name

RussJM
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I'm on the latest Mac OS version 10.14.6 Mojave.  The McAfee product is McAfee Total Protection version 4.5.9.1.

According to Apple, this warning is in regards to the pending new OS version Catalina which will no longer supports 32bit apps.  I have used the Mac tool to identify 32 and 64 bit apps which doesn't show McAfee in the 32bit group, however, I received the warning many times over last couple fo months.

It would be good if McAfee could confirm they are prepared for Apple's next OS otherwise I will need to change to another product.  Time is running out as Apple is tentatively launching Catalina Oct/Nov 2019.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @RussJM 

Please reinstall McAfee & let us know if still same issue persist.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community