Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArnaudL
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

VShieldScanner high CPU on Mac Big Sur

Hello,

Just installed my McAfee Total protection on my Mac mini Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.7And the VShieldScanner just burn my CPU ! 

Pleas help, as I have bought a 10 devices licences, I don't want to spread this all over my other devices...

Thanks for your feedback

Capture d’écran 2021-11-02 à 13.17.24.png

3 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: VShieldScanner high CPU on Mac Big Sur

Hi @ArnaudL 

We understand your concern. Please disable scheduled scan from the UI. reboot the machine and check issue status.

Regards

Magesh J

Korrom
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

What has the scheduled scan have to do with that? Also, why should I disable that function, that is part of the reason to install a virus scanner in the first place?

As far as I can see from other threads on the forum, this issue has not yet been resolved. Since I have that same problem, any more ideas than to disable the very product I have bought secure my mac?

kisayquri
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thats the easy way out! I have McAfee for free (enterprise solution), so wouldnt want to spend extra money. But at this point I am wondering if I would even miss it. If I dont find a solution, I might as well uninstall and let it RIP https://showbox.bio/ https://vidmate.cool/.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community