cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dare2drum
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Total Protection 4.8 won't update to 4.9 on Catalina

I'm running Total Protection on Catalina 10.15.7. Currently it is at version 4.8 and will not update to 4.9. I'm subscribed to annual Total Protection plan directly through Mcafee, no third party. Not sure why I can't get the update to 4.9 for Catalina.  

Thanks

12 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 13

Re: Total Protection 4.8 won't update to 4.9 on Catalina

Hi @dare2drum 

We apologize for the inconvenience. Have you tried re- installing the program. What is the status of McAfee updates on v4.8, was it successful. Please let us know the status to look in to this further.

Regards

Magesh J

dare2drum
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I've run updates through the app a few times and it still shows 4.8. I will try reinstalling next. Should I download a fresh installer from my account and let it do the uninstall through it? Or should I do a manual uninstall first and then run the installer?

dare2drum
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

UPDATE: Downloaded a fresh installer and ran it. It went through all its processes fine, uninstalling previous version, etc. It's still on version 4.8.  Don't know what else to do.

Side note: I'm also running a Windows 10 machine from same Mcafee account and it updates just fine. So for now it appears it just a Mac issue.

dare2drum
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Reaching a point of giving up on McAfee products. 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 13

hello,

have you tried contacting live support about your issue ?

to contact;

https://service.mcafee.com

on the right side in the middle there is a button; contact expert , click and next page will open

check if the language is ok and choose for technical help ect.

you can contact them by phone or chat.

chat option iis showed when available during working days at office hours.

will this help perhaps ?

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 13

hello,

in addition to my previous post i would like to let you know that i have sent a message to a mod if he could look at your posting.

hope there comes a response to help you fix the problem

greetings

kamen_uzunov
Message 8 of 13

@cyberdude  Thanks for mailing me 🙂

@dare2drum If a reinstallation is not getting the newest version on your Mac (which itself is pretty weird) I strongly advise you to contact the live support: https://service.mcafee.com

I'd appreciate a response on the outcome if you contact the support!

dare2drum
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

After several days of contacting chat support and getting disconnected mid conversation...

I was told the latest version for Catalina has not been pushed out to everyone. I guess some users can get 4.9 and others are stuck at 4.8 until it is rolled out to all? I've been told I will receive an email containing the Knowledge base fix article once it is available. So that's where I'm at for now. Anyone else currently stuck at 4.8? 

Thanks!

kamen_uzunov
Message 10 of 13

Hi @dare2drum ,

That is true indeed - however, it is true for Mac Big Sur and not for Catalina. For Catalina all versions are supported (latest is 4.10.1).

Mac Big Sur is a new release and 4.10 is still not pushed to all users so what the support team told you is correct. I also see that you told them you have upgraded to Big Sur and are no longer using Catalina.

Regards,

Kamen

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community