cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_184395
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

My iMac has suddenly (after 2 ands a half years) started popping up a notice saying that McAfee has detected Malware on my Mac and Cleaned it. Is this a normal part of the McAfee system?

Do I have a problem - I never open zip files from unknown sources, in fact I seldom open Zip files at all.  Does McAfee find the potential Trojan in the Zip file and clean it?  Iam concerned as I can't remove the boix that pops up without pressing the Close button at its foot.  There are no traffic lights to kill it with.

3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: My iMac has suddenly (after 2 ands a half years) started popping up a notice saying that McAfee has detected Malware on my Mac and Cleaned it. Is this a normal part of the McAfee system?

As I am unfamiliar with the Mac Version, I apologise I cannot assist you. I would ponder that it basically functions the same as it does for Windows? In addition, for your own Safety (Spam), and privacy. Please refrain from posting publically your personal Email Address.

I might add, can you open the McAfee UI, and go to Navigation/quarantined/trusted items/and delete?

All the very Best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 4

Re: My iMac has suddenly (after 2 ands a half years) started popping up a notice saying that McAfee has detected Malware on my Mac and Cleaned it. Is this a normal part of the McAfee system?

Your login has been changed you will get an official email re it soon so until then note your login is your old 1 minus the @ and what comes after it.

If you have any worries about your imac call tech support and ask for mac support as we mods do not have any Macs to work with.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Moved this to MAC products for clarity.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community