Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karenharmer
Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Mcafee fails during update Mac

Hi,

My update has been failing for McAfee live safe and i get this message. how do I resolve please

30 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 31

Re: Mcafee fails during update Mac

Hello @Karenharmer 

McAfee is aware of this issue and our engineers are working on this. We will keep you posted with updates once we get further information..

Also, Kindly do let us know If both automatic and manual updates throws this error.

Regards,
Rajiv S

Karenharmer
Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Yes this happens with automatic and manual updates too

Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 31

Hello @Karenharmer ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused the issue is being worked on, we will update you once we to the issue resolution.

Regards,
Rajiv S

cckim
Contributor
Message 5 of 31

McAfee in my Mac shows the same, the both of automatic and manual updates.

Karenharmer
Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Still not updating - this is unsatisfactory  - when will this be resolved

Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 31

Hello @Karenharmer ,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience, we would like to inform you that this issue is not going to affect the functionality of the product, but our team is working on it to get the issue resolved. Can you please confirm the version of McAfee installed on your machine?

Regards,
Rajiv S

hij2001
Contributor III
Message 8 of 31

It is very discouraging when basic necessary functions for which we are paying McAfee (Virus Scan, Firewall (finally fixed after half a year)) not only do not work on a Mac, but take months to resolve with no transparency on release dates or progress. 

"We're aware and working on it" without ANY indication of status and estimated resolution time is ABSURD and UNACCEPTABLE for a 21st century software and services provider. 

Proactively communicating to affected users on known issues, time/progress to identify root cause, and time/progress to solve the issue would be the customer-oriented and professional way to handle these issues. 

How about getting on board and working with your customers instead of keeping us in the dark?

ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 9 of 31

I have been told to uninstall and install, however it seems that a mac that is not running Catalina, Big Sur are not able to download updates,  since the version used on High Sierra and below have to run version 3.x.x. 

New Macs and later versions can run 4.11.1.1 which is fixed... 

I have escalated to CEO and had a reply from their office who are investigating, Another well known make of virus protection also only support 14.x.x virus, it seems only K------Sky offer the client for pre 10.14 and another client for 10.14 upwards. 

My McAfee was working fine on 10.13.6, but since this problem occured I cant upgrade as that model of Mac wont support 10.14 upwards so therefore that has to run 10.13, and until McAfee sort out the virus updates for 10.13 and older we are stuck.

hij2001
Contributor III
Message 10 of 31

Thanks for your response, Chris! 

I am running McAfee LiveSafe version 4.11.1.1 (1147) on BigSur version 11.4 on an M1 based MacAir and this is definitely NOT fixed.  It has been uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times to no avail.

If this is what the CEO told you, you should call him out on this blatant misinformation.

Regards,

Howard

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community