Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlot13
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

McAfee logo greyed out in menu bar with yellow exclamation mark

Jump to solution

I have the "McAfee Internet Security" installation that was downloaded as part of my school's anti- virus requirements for use on their network. 

I notice that the McAfee logo in my menubar is greyed out with a yellow exclamation:

The application itself says that Application Protection and Firewall are on and that my subscription is active. 

However, every time I try to do an update manually, it fails.

Is my software working properly? I don't see any options for doing a system scan for malware. This is the only thing I see when opening up the McAfee Internet Security App:

I am running Mac OS 10.13.2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
merlot13
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee logo greyed out in menu bar with yellow exclamation mark

Jump to solution

For anybody that has a similar problem, I was able to solve it by uninstalling mcafee using "Mcafee Internet Security uninstaller" and reinstalled it from the Mcafee website under my account. I am still having problems with auto- update, which looks like a compatibility problem with Mac OS 10.13 "High Sierra"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Best I call a MAC tech to comment

@ganeshrajur
@
karthikk3

Can 1 of you assist please

merlot13
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

For anybody that has a similar problem, I was able to solve it by uninstalling mcafee using "Mcafee Internet Security uninstaller" and reinstalled it from the Mcafee website under my account. I am still having problems with auto- update, which looks like a compatibility problem with Mac OS 10.13 "High Sierra"

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community