Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Androo
Contributor II
Message 21 of 41

Re: McAfee fails during the update - Mac

Jump to solution

your solution is BS --  "Development working on it" leaves my systems exposed.   This happens on Big Sur and Catalina.   You should be working around the clock to get this fixed ASAP.

ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 22 of 41

Jump to solution

Thanks Siva 

do you have any update as to when this will be resolved? or an update? 

wazzux
Contributor II
Message 23 of 41

Jump to solution

Hi team

I know that all are working to solve the issue and I will wait until the final solution.
Meanwhile, please provide a workaround to update the virus definitions to all my computers.

Thanks.

David_Bailey
Contributor II
Message 24 of 41

Jump to solution

This fails with automatic AND manual updates.

kx32
Contributor
Message 25 of 41

Jump to solution

Pops up start just after I switch on and continue all day keep having to close them and then they just pop up again thinking of deleting the program.  Completely lost confidence in the program if they can't fix the pop up box is the antivirus any good.

ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 26 of 41

Jump to solution

I do agree the pop up is annoying, if I have left my Mac on 24/7 mainly as I am home a lot, sometimes I unlock the screen and find 5-6 or more popups saying failed to connect, and have to keep clicking close for each. 
Surely it must be possible to do a new version release that allows the option to download the definitions manually and then browse for the zip or tar file? 

Xian
Contributor II
Message 27 of 41

Jump to solution

As I wrote, for me the virus defintion is updated every day despite the warning pop up. Stay confident.

Best regards

David_Bailey
Contributor II
Message 28 of 41

Jump to solution

My updates FAIL every time.  When I open History, I see a long list of updates -- about 7 per day.  When I click on each of them they report Status: Failed.

The About... reports

Version 4.11.1.0(1012)

Engine Version: 6200.9189

DAT Version:  10070.0000

DAT Creation Date: 8/8/21

soupchef
Contributor
Message 29 of 41

Jump to solution

Saying that your engineers are aware of the issue is not a solution.

ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 30 of 41

Jump to solution

It might be that the Mac is protected from Virus with the "definitiions currently installed" however as subscription customers this does mean we have paid for our Subscription and are not getting updates as part of the problem. 

Is McAfee going to "extend" our subscription by the same number of days that the virus Definitions were not working/downloading or updating, so far this is about 4-5 days? 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community