Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 31 of 41

Re: McAfee fails during the update - Mac

Jump to solution

My iMac 27inch (late 2009) is still failing to collect updates, I even uninstalled/removed the McAfee Total Protection and installed clean, but its still logging Failures. 

However
My iMac 2019 27inch is not logging errors any more and is reporting success every time, so I am assuming the problem has been fixed, or is only working for more modern Macs?

Is there or are there problems with older iMacs picking up updates automaticaly, I tried again today and its failed again, or is there somethign I need to do on that to get the AV files to update?  Its connected fine to the internet and downloading other updates with no problems. 

Sotonian
Contributor
Message 32 of 41

Jump to solution

I have been having this issue for the last few weeks - I am still getting the notification that updates have failed and I am wondering that as time goes on how out of date the signature files are becoming and what is not being screened out. The message that my system is still protected is not that helpful as as time goes on the level of protection must be falling as updates are failing to be added. 

When will the engineers extract the digit and provide an update that sorts this issue out, as this thread says they have been aware of the issue for sometime now.  We are awaiting positive action, not fine reassuring words that mean nothing.

MsAbey
Contributor
Message 33 of 41

Jump to solution

Mac Os High Sierra and Big Sur ... Using Livesafe cosole. Both computers  failing to update . Been like this for a number of weeks. 

wazzux
Contributor II
Message 34 of 41

Jump to solution

Hi Team 

From my part, the issue was solved, thanks for the quick response.

ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 35 of 41

Jump to solution

I totally understand the website clearly states to ignore the message and close the errpr message, however this is not as easy as described considering it pops up 3 to 6 times a day and it gets rather frustrating having to keep closing it.
The error about the virus updates not being applied stems back to the 30th of July 2021 and To report that the engineers are aware of the problem and Are working on it this would imply they have been working on it now for over 18 days.   it seems unbelievable to me that a massive commercial company like McAfee have not resolve this problem after 18 days, due to this I have now written to the CEO of McAfee asking to be escalated as this is getting ridiculous.
individual users are not getting

any updates as to what the problem is.

how long the problem will continue to last
an estimated completion date.
if our subscription will be extended to cover future updates beyond the paid subscription expiry dates

Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 36 of 41

Jump to solution

Dear @ChrisKing 

We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue has been fixed in the latest version of McAfee 4.11.1.1 Please update your McAfee application manually and check if the status. If the issue persists kindly remove and re-install the McAfee application and update us the out come with a screen shot of the McAfee version.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

ChrisKing
Contributor II
Message 37 of 41

Jump to solution

When I logged into my account, and chose download, for the mac, it only offers me version 3.

how to do I download the newer version? 

Chris

David_Bailey
Contributor II
Message 38 of 41

Jump to solution

Working for me.  Thanks.

sivasubramanian
Message 39 of 41

Jump to solution

@David_Bailey 

Thanks for confirmation

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Xian
Contributor II
Message 40 of 41

Jump to solution

@Bharani_BD 

Hello,

My Mac automatically got the latest version of McAfee 4.11.1.1, every thing is ok

Thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community