Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T30
Contributor II
Message 1 of 12

McAfee empty Notification - can't be closed

Jump to solution

Hi, McAfee is showing an empty Notification (see screenshot) that doesn't have a close button.

It stays on top of other applications and is really annoying.

It happens every couple weeks and I need to restart the macbook to get rid of it.

Any suggestion on how to maybe restart just McAfee?

McAfee version is 4.11.0.0

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
T30
Contributor II
Message 4 of 12

Re: McAfee empty Notification - can't be closed

Jump to solution

I can confirm that when selecting 'Light' mode instead of 'Dark' mode on my mac, some text and a 'close' button appears inside that popup. At least can be closed.

I've tried also to click where the 'close' button should be, when in dark mode, and it closes the popup.

Thanks @Allwyn_GI!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @T30,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try disabling the dark mode and let us know status if you are receiving the notification again. Also, please let us know your Mac version whether it is Catalina or Big - Sur?

Regards,

Allwyn I

T30
Contributor II
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer, my mac has Big Sur 11.2.2

Now the notification disappeared, after more than 12 hours. I couldn't restart the laptop so I've just moved it on the corner of the desktop, and it stayed there all day.

Since it appears randomly (no more than every couple weeks) I don't want to disable the dark mode for that long to wait for it to (not?) appear. I can try to disable it next time I see that notification, and post an update here in case it helps.

T30
Contributor II
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

I can confirm that when selecting 'Light' mode instead of 'Dark' mode on my mac, some text and a 'close' button appears inside that popup. At least can be closed.

I've tried also to click where the 'close' button should be, when in dark mode, and it closes the popup.

Thanks @Allwyn_GI!

Andrew_V
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Problem solved thanks to the great advice. Mcafee should solve this problem ASAP as it has been happening for at least 6 months especially seeing that it seems to be that the close button is not displaying properly on dark mode.

pdileo
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Start Siri and say "select light mode", then check the McAfee message on the window. After that start Siri again and say "select dark mode". Problem was solved.

TeeDeeUs
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

I see this marked saved and the workaround worked for me as well,  but this isn't solved... McAfee need to fix this dark mode isn't new..

Shannr
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

I am also having this same problem in Windows 10. The notifications are permissions to access the internet through the firewall. I am unable to answer the notification and therefore, the program requesting cannot get access.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

hello,

according to latest info from mcafee mods is mcafee aware of the issue and is working on solution.

for the time being a temporarely workaround is suggested by mcafee mod from this topic;

McAfee Support Community - Alert viewer broken - McAfee Support Community

hope this helps

greetings

Shannr
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

This problem began over a year ago and McAfee has been working on it since then. I am not sure this is getting high priority. The work around is no workaround at all. Some programs I do not want having internet access, McAfee allows them full access. Therefore, I am unable to follow the workaround. How much longer do you need to fix this issue?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community