Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cam75
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Total Protection VPN not available on Mac

Hi all,

I have just bought the McAfee Total Protection and in the advert it was stated that the VPN was included for free along with other services. I have in fact installed it successfully on one Windows PC but it looks like on Mac the option is not available at all.

I might be wrong but the advert seems a little bit misleading as it doesn't mention any particular difference between Windows and Mac users?  Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

2 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Total Protection VPN not available on Mac

Hi @Cam75 

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee VPN is compatible  for Windows, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android devices. Please refer to the article KB102654 for more information.

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

winnieLours123
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Total Protection VPN not available on Mac

HI, other disappointed user here : if you can open the VPN / Firewall window and see the active/ deactivate toggle but nothing happens when you click on it / or it crashes then you are on a known issue that total Protection has with MAC.  It is just super badly done and apparently once their tech team fixes it it happens again as soon as you upgrade your Mac. a never ending story. I would advise anyone who is tempted not to buy this product as it looks like the issue is going one for at least 2 years. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community