cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faegy
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

McAfee Internet Security for Mac errors while installing update on macOS High Sierra

Jump to solution

McAfee Internet Security for Mac's automatic and manual updates throws an error popup stating that an error occurred while installing updates.

Capture d’écran 2017-11-26 à 20.56.25.pngMcAfee Internet Security for Mac

Version 3.9.0.0 (3859)

Language: fr-fr

Antimalware

Version 4.0.0 (100)

Files created 12/10/2017

Application protection

Version 3.9.0 (333)

MacBook Pro

OS macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.1

More information:

• I do not use a VPN, I do have administrator privileges, I do own a valid license.
  • Reinstalling the software did not fix the issue.
  • Trying from another WiFi did not fix the issue.
  • Trying from another account did not fix the issue.
  • Deactivating FileVault did not fix the issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
faegy
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

Re: McAfee Internet Security for Mac errors while installing update on macOS High Sierra

Jump to solution

Fixed it by removing it once more and reinstalling it... Hope McAfee Total Protection will enhance McAfee's reputation.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 15

Re: McAfee Internet Security for Mac errors while installing update on macOS High Sierra

Jump to solution

Moved to MAC products

Can 1 of you assist this users please

faegy
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Fixed it by removing it once more and reinstalling it... Hope McAfee Total Protection will enhance McAfee's reputation.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

Good to see thanks for the update

pjskuce
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. the MacAfee support team deleted and reinstalled the software a few weeks ago. That solved the problem for a while. now I have the same error. Do I really have to deinstall and reinstall every few weeks?

Version 4.1.2.0 (4001)

DAT version 8761

DAT creation date 31/12/17

MacOS 10.13.3

Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

Sorry for the inconvenience. Now we got a new version released 4.1.3. Please try update McAfee twice to get the issue fixed and update the status.

Regards,

Karthik K

not_happy1
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

I tried to reinstall three times and I still get the "Error while installing updates!" message! What do I do now!

not_happy1
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution
How do I get the new version? When I download the product from McAfee, I get an older 3.9 version.
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi,

I sent you a PM, please reply to that.

Regards,

Karthik K

SpaceMon834
Contributor II
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Karthikk3,

Is it still the case we need to reinstall your BT Virus Protect software to get it to the latest version?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community