Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gekkeaap
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Firewall will not turn on

Jump to solution

Hi,

I installed McAfee LiveSafe 4.5.5.0 (212) yesterday and have issues enabling the McAfee firewall on my mac book pro running macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A391)

When I attempt to turn the FW on, I get a pop up window asking me permission to "load our software from the Security & Privacy pane".

I click "OK", simultaneously the "System Preferences" "Security & Privacy" window pops up.

Then nothing happens, the McAfee FW stays off.

I have already tried uninstalling and installing McAfee LiveSafe.

I also disabled the mac firewall, in case it was some sort of permissions problem by which McAfee wasn't allowed to turn the macOS FW off.

I rebooted the laptop.

If anyone has any pointers, please advise.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Firewall will not turn on

Jump to solution

Hi @gekkeaap

This issue is caused by a change to the standard installation procedure in macOS. Please follow the article below and update us the status

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102735

Regards,
Karthik K

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @gekkeaap

This issue is caused by a change to the standard installation procedure in macOS. Please follow the article below and update us the status

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102735

Regards,
Karthik K

gekkeaap
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
Thanks! worked like a charm!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community