Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YBGroup
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

McAfee Firewall on MacOS Big Sur

Hi

Is there a reason the McAfee Firewall still isn't working after months of 'working as fast as you can' to fix this issue?

It is unacceptable considering many people, including myself, are constantly under malware attack. What would happen if I was to be subjected to malware as a result of insufficient protection, which I am currently paying McAfee for?

I wont be using McAfee total protection, or any other McAfee product for that reason, once my subscription ends.

17 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: McAfee Firewall on MacOS Big Sur

hello,

for what it is worth, mcafee is not the only AV product that has difficulty with the latest Mac Os Big Sur unfortunate.

have you considered to use the Mac Firewall in the meantime as described in this service article ;

McAfee KB - Firewall is not available in your McAfee security software on Big Sur (TS103081)

hope this helps and the fix will come soon

greetings

Grogzie
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

It's now over three months and I still have the "We are sorry, but Firewall is currently not available on macOS Big Sur" message!  Has anyone actually got this working yet?  Seriously, McAfee Total Protection, three months!

Bentzai
Contributor II
Message 4 of 18

Almost in March 2021, and still no fix for the firewall under Big Sur ?

Could McAfee at least give some update about when they think it'll be arranged and what is the current situation ?

Thank you

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 18

hello @Allwyn_GI 

is there perhaps update info about Firewall status regarding Big Sur Mac OS ?

greetings

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 18

Hi @cyberdude,

The engineering team is working round the clock for this concern. As of now, there is no ETA regarding the fix. We will update, once the fix is available.

Thanks & Regards,

Allwyn I

hij2001
Contributor III
Message 7 of 18

It is now going on five months since Big Sur was released.  Exactly what is the issue that has required five months of your team working "as fast as they can" with no resolution and no ETA?

Is there a commitment to support this product or not?

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 18

hello,

i would like to ask a little side step question;

do you still receive email notification from a topic where you made a comment ?

since around 10th of february i don't receive them anymore.............

hij2001
Contributor III
Message 9 of 18

Yes.  Check your notification settings and make sure that notifications are not going to your spam folder.

Bentzai
Contributor II
Message 10 of 18

Yes, I do receive notifications.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community