cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibbi
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 4.10 not working on Big Sur

Recently upgraded to Big Sur.  Installed 4.10 of McAfee AntiVirus Plus as advised.  Installed fine, however it doesn't seem to want to update.  Current DAT creation date is 04/10/2020 and it has been sat with "Update in Progress".  Also, if you try to run "Custom Scan" it just sits on Initiatilizing Scan..... 

Have reinstalled, uninstalled, installed etc - hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions or fixes?

5 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee AntiVirus Plus 4.10 not working on Big Sur

hello,

awaiting a respons from the mod,

in the meantime i found this article;

FAQs for McAfee consumer security products and Apple macOS 11 (Big Sur) 

does this article help you fix the problem perhaps ?

greetings

ibbi
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Nope - seen the FAQ before and have followed the instructions and it didn't change a thing. 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

hello,

thank you for your update.

sorry to see that this could not solve your issue.

maybe wait for a mod further to step in or you could try live support by phone or chat;

https://service.mcafee.com

in the middle of the site on the right side there is ; contact/talk with a expert

click on this and a new following page will open and new options are displayed ect.

maybe they can help you faster.......

greetings

JPWPhoenix
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

I'm using McAfee Total Protection and have been having the exact same problem all week. I've been trying to run the Updates function but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, the red bar just keeps bouncing back and forth. Also, it won't let me stop or quit properly either.

TrevorC
Contributor II
Message 6 of 6

I am having the same issue.  I was on a call with support for 20 minutes today trying to talk to someone in support, but they appeared to just hang up on me after i described the problem.  It would be good to get some assistance to resolve this.  Might need to move to a different product if McAfee can't make this work.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community