Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moif
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mac Total Protection "Update server not reachable!"

Jump to solution

I recently installed Total Protection (v4.9.0.2) on a new mac computer, but haven't been able to update it without getting the message "Update server not reachable!". The first time was from it trying to auto-update and I have since tried manually updating multiple times with no luck. I have tried re-installing the software, and turning off various other software that could have blocked it to no avail. 

Any help would be appreciated. If I can't update the software it's basically worse than useless and I'll just be uninstalling it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Re: Mac Total Protection "Update server not reachable!"

Jump to solution

Hello @moif 

Sorry for the delayed response. Please refer the article TS102971 for this issue 

Regards,
Karthik K

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @moif 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know what is the MAC OS version and McAfee version installed .  

Regards

Magesh J

moif
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Mcafee v4.9.0.2

MacOS v10.15.5

Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @moif 

Sorry for the delayed response. Please refer the article TS102971 for this issue 

Regards,
Karthik K

G7LFC
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Has this problem been resolved yet. It's been an issue since July and it's now mid-November. If it hasn't I'd like my money back as I purchased this software days ago to install on the several Macs I have hear and not one of them will update. I cannot apply the fix repeatedly on all the machines several times a day - the product is just not fit for purpose with this fault. The software does not contain the most up-to-date signatures and threat data and makes my machines vulnerable - the whole reason I purchased Internet security software.

Please let me know asap and if it hasn't please arrange a refund.

Many thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community