Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobVehorn
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Mac OS Firewall

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a basic question and I think I know the answer, but the behavior of the McAfee software leaves me confused.  Is it advisable to disable the Mac firewall when using the McAfee firewall.  My intuition tells me that there should only be one firewall active at a time.  I expected that McAfee would disable the Mac firewall when it was installed, or at least inform me that I should do so.  However, I recently discovered that both firewalls are enabled.  I haven't noticed any issues using this configuration, but I don't want to set myself up for problems down the road.

Thank you,

Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mac OS Firewall

Jump to solution

Hi @BobVehorn

You are correct. Only one Firewall should be active at a time to avoid confliction between McAfee and Mac firewall. Unlike McAfee Firewall on Windows, McAfee Firewall on mac is not depending on Mac Firewall and so it is not prompting to or turning off Mac firewall automatically.

Regards
Karthik K

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @BobVehorn

You are correct. Only one Firewall should be active at a time to avoid confliction between McAfee and Mac firewall. Unlike McAfee Firewall on Windows, McAfee Firewall on mac is not depending on Mac Firewall and so it is not prompting to or turning off Mac firewall automatically.

Regards
Karthik K

BobVehorn
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
Thanks!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community