Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjeffe9172
Contributor II
Message 1 of 14

Latest LiveSafe opens safari extensions on bootup

Jump to solution

I did a clean install of High Sierra so out went my older version of LiveSafe which worked quietly in the background....

Ive downloaded LiveSafe from the mcafee website and it has downloaded the latest version. I don’t want the site advisor so have disabled it but every time I turn on my mac it opens safari and safari preferences and wants me to enable the siteadvisor extension. This is really annoying and having had two techs operate my computer remotely have not been able to stop this.

Has anybody else found this? Is there a way to stop this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pjeffe9172
Contributor II
Message 2 of 14

Re: Latest LiveSafe opens safari extensions on bootup

Jump to solution

Solved:

on finder click go to folder and enter /usr/local/mcafee and then open the webadvisor folder then click on the uninstall

View solution in original post

13 Replies
pjeffe9172
Contributor II
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Solved:

on finder click go to folder and enter /usr/local/mcafee and then open the webadvisor folder then click on the uninstall

Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi ​,

Kindly let me know the version of McAfee.

Regards,

Karthik K

spike500
Contributor II
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

I have the same issue - the Safari extension page opens when I switch on the computer. However I don't have any way of preventing this pop-up. Can someone please tell me how I can stop this pop-up?

I have LiveSafe 4.1.1.0.

pjeffe9172
Contributor II
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi spike,

see the resolution above above let us know if this works.

spike500
Contributor II
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

I have done as recommended but I can't see anything there by the name of WebAdvisor.

I should add that Site Advisor is not listed in my Applications folder as an installed programme but the LiveSafe console says that Site Advisor is switched on.

Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi

Sorry for the inconvenience. On McAfee version 4.1.1, SiteAdvisor is an integrated part of Internet Security for Mac. To uninstall SiteAdvisor you must also uninstall Internet Security for Mac. TS100162

Regards,

Karthik K

spike500
Contributor II
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

Now that 4.1.2 has been released, will this pop-up appear upon start-up or does the new version stop this pop-up from loading?

GaneshR
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi Spike,

Since the new version has been released and site advisor is an integrated part of Internet Security for McAfee, we need to reinstall McAfee once for these issue to be fixed.

spike500
Contributor II
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

I've done a reinstall but I still get the pop-up on boot-up. It seems to be getting more aggressive as it knocks out the LiveSafe console. I do use Chrome as my browser and not Safari but I really need to find a way to disable this pop-up. Any additional help would be much appreciated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community