Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w2m3
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

Internet Security for Mac fails to update

Hi,

I just installed Internet Security on my MacBook that is running 10.13.1 (High Sierra). The installer was named 3.3 and the installed version of the product (via the console) is 3.9.0.0 (3859). I made sure my Mac firewall was disabled and cleared application history in Safari. However, all manual attempts to update the DAT files fail (even after a reinstall and reboot).

Is there a compatibility problem with High Sierra?

Thanks.

13 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 14

Re: Internet Security for Mac fails to update

I will contact one of our Tier 2.5 Technicians on your behalf to assist you. Hopefully we will hear from him in short order.

​  Could you kindly add to the discussion?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 14

Hi

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. we will let you know once we get the update. The issue still under investigation.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 14

Thank you Karthikk3 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Whoopi
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I have same issue with Total Protection. Update does not work. I have reinstalled TotalProtection but update does still not work. I have newest Sierra on MacBook. Cleaning of Safari Cache does not help. This update is now working since mid December 2017 not anymore. 

merlot13
Contributor II
Message 6 of 14

I am having this same problem on MacBook Pro Mac OS 10.13.3. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Security for Mac last night and still have this problem. Kind of a useless product if it can not update malware signatures 😕 Please keep the forum updated! thanks

gbohannon
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Having the same issue.  Constant LiveSafe update failures.  Tried reinsalling the software.  Now it has a 9/16/17 DAT creation date and will not update.  Seems to fail at Checking DAT file.  Running Mac OS 10.13.2.  I did have a December DAT file before re-installing.  So going backwards at this point.  

Is there a compatibility problem with LiveSafe and High Sierra?

2018-01-25_14-26-08.png2018-01-25_14-26-26.png2018-01-25_14-30-02.png

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 14

@ganeshrajur

@karthikk3

can 1 of you assist here please

helperMac
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

I am having the same problem. We just installed a Total Protection on two Macs running Sierra or High Sieirra and the Update does'n't work. I did successfully did the intial SCAN but if I click the SW update ( per the message that says my - just purchased- download isn't up to date) both Macs get error messages. Any answers to this issue?

merlot13
Contributor II
Message 10 of 14

Auto- update is now working for me, and I did nothing different than before. Maybe there was a problem with McAfee servers? Is it working for anybody else?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community