Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANEWELL
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Imac Desktop issues

Jump to solution

Just came back to McAfee, loaded the program onto all of our apple products, iPad's, laptops, phones and desktop in the last week.

But the desktop is running slow, alot of spinning wheels, files are slow to open AND use and the McAfee says the mac is secure.

Any advice?

I zapped the PRAM this am but it did not improve matters at all.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Re: Imac Desktop issues

Jump to solution

Hi @ANEWELL 

Kindly let us know below details to understand the issue better:

1. Any 3rd party Anti-Virus installed along with McAfee (If yes please uninstall 3rd party Anti-Virus completely & check the status)
  2. Turning off ​Real time scanning resolves the issue?  If Yes check for high resource usage software’s (Ex:- photoshop) installed in the machine. RTS will scan those executions and it results in CPU high usage. Try adding those high CPU usage software to RTS exclusion and check the status.
  3. Try updating your MAC OS
  4. Clear Temp + Cache and restart the ​computer and check the issue.​

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @ANEWELL 

Thanks for information you provided. This issue normally happens due to conflicting softwares or improper Mac OS updates in the background. I suggest you to upgrade to MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 kindly follow steps in the bellow URL:

https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/

*Note: After upgrading your MacOS to Mojave 10.14.6 kindly reinstall McAfee to check the issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oscar_Dodge
Contributor II
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Is the initial scan still running?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @ANEWELL 

Kindly let us know below details to understand the issue better:

1. Any 3rd party Anti-Virus installed along with McAfee (If yes please uninstall 3rd party Anti-Virus completely & check the status)
  2. Turning off ​Real time scanning resolves the issue?  If Yes check for high resource usage software’s (Ex:- photoshop) installed in the machine. RTS will scan those executions and it results in CPU high usage. Try adding those high CPU usage software to RTS exclusion and check the status.
  3. Try updating your MAC OS
  4. Clear Temp + Cache and restart the ​computer and check the issue.​
ANEWELL
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

No. I put this on the back burner.  McAfee has yet to be able to complete a full system scan. It always gets an error and can not continue.  Tech support did a remote connect to my desktop.  They uninstalled everything, then reinstalled the McAfee but I still get the same results.  There is no other virus program on my desktop, just the McAfee.  Version 4.5.9.1 (418)

My desktop is uptodate: macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @ANEWELL 

Thanks for information you provided. This issue normally happens due to conflicting softwares or improper Mac OS updates in the background. I suggest you to upgrade to MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 kindly follow steps in the bellow URL:

https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/

*Note: After upgrading your MacOS to Mojave 10.14.6 kindly reinstall McAfee to check the issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community