cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisduarte64
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

How do enable firewall for MacOS Monterey?

I've been searching these forums and have tried the solutions for Catalina and BigSur but no luck.

When trying to enable the firewall onMcAfee AntiVirus Plus it just refreshes and says I am still at risk.

Mac Version: Monterey 12.5

McAfee AntiVirus Plus Version: 4.14.0.0

9 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do enable firewall for MacOS Monterey?

Hi @chrisduarte64 

Greetings From McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please check for any pending McAfee updates. To turn on the firewall, you must allow Full Disk Access and make sure that System Extensions aren’t blocked. Please go through below article for more information.

Firewall Issue on Mac

Alternatively you can get in touch with our chat support from below location

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

roarty58
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Did all that and the firewall remains disabled.

jesterpaul
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Same here. Come on McAfee. This is a terrible fail

xyz1231
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I spent few hours on it, so posting so you can save some time of your life.

Have "Full Disk Access" enabled for VShieldScanner, VShieldTaskManager, GenUtility, fmpd, McAfee Network Extension, VshieldScanManager, McAfeeSystemExtensions. 

Make sure "App Store and identified developers" is selected

Make sure also on the General tab of Security & Privacy you allow any allow messages. 

roarty58
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

@xyz1231 Unfortunately I have all of that set as well and the firewall continues to refuse to be enabled.

roarty58
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

@GaneshR those fixes don't work.  All McAfee Support was able to tell me was that they know the product is broken and they are working on it.  Seems like McAfee should be issuing refunds for a broken product.

Joanne2
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Same problem, I can't get it working. Please let me know how to solve it for Montery.

Your informaiton is about Catalina and Big Sur. Not quite actual

roarty58
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

@Joanne2 definitely frustrating. I received an e-mail a few weeks ago that the “issue was fixed in the latest release”, tried reinstalling and when that didn’t work, tried recommended fixes again. Still doesn’t work. 

Have uninstalled McAfee and went with another product.  McAfee refuses to refund. 

Gerben4
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Have tried all of above suggestions , still Firewall is showing off in Livesafe. 

In MacOS System Preferences , security & privacy, Firewall appears to be on  , now I'm confused as LiveSafe 4.17.1.0(654), Firewall 4.17.0 shows it is off. 

I also gave full disk access to 'StatefullFirewall' and 'StatefullFirewallControl' which are under /usr/McAfee/StatefullFirewall. Without result unfortunately... 

McAfee you or me need to do something here, please advice

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community