cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HughJass
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

How do I know if my scheduled scan is running or did in fact run?

Jump to solution

I see no indication that my scheduled system scan ever ran. In my history log, I see the Real-Time Scan event at approximately one minute before my scheduled scan and then one minute after. But no mention of my scheduled scan started or completed. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HughJass
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Re: How do I know if my scheduled scan is running or did in fact run?

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member , Thank you for referring me to document TS102126. It was helpful in identifying my scheduled scan working using the Mac Process Monitor tool. However it also states the History in Internet Security would reflect the scan. Unfortunately my History log doesn't reflect my scheduled scan as being run at all. I think the History in the Mac version is buggy or isn't maintained by McAfee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @HughJass 

Please let us know your MAC OS ver: & McAfee product installed

HughJass
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi, my Mac is running High Sierra V 10.13.6. My Internet Security is V 4.5.9.0 (431) downloaded from AT&T.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @HughJass 

Please check the Document ID: TS102126 in service.mcafee.com to confirm that a scheduled scan has started or completed successfully. 

HughJass
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member , Thank you for referring me to document TS102126. It was helpful in identifying my scheduled scan working using the Mac Process Monitor tool. However it also states the History in Internet Security would reflect the scan. Unfortunately my History log doesn't reflect my scheduled scan as being run at all. I think the History in the Mac version is buggy or isn't maintained by McAfee.

geraldinecbaile
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Unless and Until you are downloading apps from the playstore you don't need to scan viruses as the android or any other Linux is secure operating system upto a point until you are using playstore to download apps For a Windows 10 device you need to keep your device updated and and run firewall scans regularly. For other versions of windows less than windows 8 you might need to update your operating system or continue using an antivirus software and scan your device regularly.

Get More Info

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community