cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stella57
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Deinstall Mac

Unfortunately I can't uninstall the McAfee software on my Mac. Deleting does not work and also with an AppCleaner it does not work. 

The message is always that I don't have access rights (but I am admin). I have already changed the information on the program and have switched on "read and write" for everything. Everything does not work. 

I just want to get the program completely off my Mac. Thank you for your help now!

------------------

Leider kann ich die McAfee Software auf meinem Mc nicht mehr deinstallieren. Löschen geht nicht und auch mit einem AppCleaner geht es nicht. 

Die Meldung ist immer, dass ich keine Zugriffsrechte hätte (bin aber Admin). Habe auf dem Programm die Informationen bereits geändert und habe für alles "Lesen und Schreiben" eingeschaltet. Funktioniert alles nicht. 

Ich möchte nur das Programm restlos von meinem Mac haben. Danke bereist jetzt für eure Hilfe!

2 Replies
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Deinstall Mac

Hi @Stella57 

Could you please help us with a screenshot of the permission denied and let us know the locations where you get this permission denied issue

Regards,
Karthik K

JohnDoe123
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Deinstall Mac

I had the same problem, but I found a way out:

First I uninstalled the agent with "sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh" and rebooted after that (not sure if a reboot is needed, but I did).

Then I disabled the McAfee services: First listed them via "sudo launchctl list | grep mcafee". After that I disabled them one by one, again via launchctl, e.g. "sudo launchctl disable system/com.mcafee.ssm.ScanManager". Rebooted another time after that.

After that I was able to wipe out the McAfee directories /Applications/McAfee, /Library/Application Support/McAfee and /usr/local/McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community