Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrMasterMind
Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: Cannot enable firewall on MacOS

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat here... Keeping myself posted!

Mtths
Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I had the same problem with enabling the firewall on macOS Monterey.
Here you can find the solution that worked for me: https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS103081&page=shell&shell=article-view

Kind regards,
Mtths

Budwin
Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Jump to solution

The first step in the solution on the webpage, that the link directs to, worked for me. The system extension was blocked for Mcafee in my case. Allowing it from system preferences fixed the issue. Thank you. 

NEILRRW
Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Jump to solution

Can anyone help me.  I've had McAfee Livesafe protection subscription for a few years but some months ago when my Mac updated to Big Sur OS, it stopped working and I uninstalled it.

I recently had an email from McAfee confirming my subscription was renewed and providing me a link to re-download the software and install it again which I did a few days ago.

However the Firewall will not turn on.  I have followed the first prompt which was about changing OS system settings to provide full disk access (or similar) and it still won't turn on.  I have read this discussion board and followed the advice below (changing settings from Public to home or Work) and still it won't work.  

Can someone please help ?

Thanks Neil

artyfartymax
Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for this as it worked immediately!

MACUserNJ
Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Jump to solution

I did a new install, and still can't enable Firewall. Anybody has a solution? I already have Full Disk access and those steps have been taken care of. Please let me know. I opened a case with McAfee couple of years ago and had to remove from my MAC since there was no solution at that time

lostworld
Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Jump to solution

I just found the answer to this problem. On your system settings/security & privacy/General, there should be a statement there that says "system mcafee is requesting to be granted with access from your system, etc." and you just gotta allow it. Then go to the Total protection app and click "Turn on for the firewall again" and voila, it works!

P.S. I was frustrated for at least 2hrs as well trying to find a solution for this but since I paid a very excessive amount of money for the subscription, I just didn't want to give up. Now it works.

Mari3
Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Jump to solution
This worked for me as well
sosueme
Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Jump to solution

I have had this problem for 4 months...yup...4 months.  My "case" with McAffee has been "escalated".  The "team" is working on a solution.  Anyone want to offer their thoughts on the quality of this McAfee product given that some group of programmers created this problem but at least 4 months later (and I strongly suspect much longer than that) some group of programmers cant fix the problem?  

thinkandretire
Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Jump to solution

This is the key:

"On your system settings/security & privacy/General, there should be a statement there that says "system mcafee is requesting to be granted with access from your system, etc." and you just gotta allow it."

"Then go to the Total protection app and click "Turn on for the firewall again" and voila, it works!"

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community