cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegas1L
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Advanced Mac Tuneup Malware not found on McAfee scan. How do I remove it?

I just realized this malware was installed on my computer.  I was so confused because it looked like additional security protection.  But when I went to uninstall it, it wouldn't let me.  When I went to scan using the McAfee Full Scan it came across a "suspicious item" that was quarantined.  then it says "We ran a virus scan and now your save"  But when I run it again, its found over and over again.  Do I have to buy another product to remove it for good?Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 9.01.50 PM.png

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Advanced Mac Tuneup Malware not found on McAfee scan. How do I remove it?

Hi Vegas1L,

Let us know version of McAfee and macOS of your machine.

Regards

AKS

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Advanced Mac Tuneup Malware not found on McAfee scan. How do I remove it?

Hi Vegas1L,

The issue occurred because of 3rd party fake applications installed in the computer. You may try the steps below to clear unwanted 3rd party fake applications.

# Click the Finder icon. In the Finder window, select “Applications”. In the applications folder, look for “MPlayerX”,“NicePlayer”, or other suspicious applications & move to trash.

# Also check in the Finder window, select “Macintosh HD” in the “Library” folder select “Applications Support”

# Reset all browsers like (Safari+Chrome+Firefox)

# Also remove unwanted extensions in all web browsers

# Clear the cache + temp in “Macintosh HD” in the “Library” folder

# Also make sure Quarantine is empty in McAfee product

# Clear Trash

# Check for MAC updates

# Restart your MAC computer

# Check the Advanced Mac Tuneup issue.

Regards

AKS

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community