cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows update blocking LiveSafe

My Dell XPS has just installed the following updates:

2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 x64 Edition - May 2017 (KB890830)

2017-05 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4020821)

Security Update for Microsoft Word 2010 (KB3191843) 64-Bit Edition

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3118310) 64-Bit Edition

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3191899) 64-Bit Edition

and now my McAfee LiveSafe, which came with the laptop and is still valid, is being blocked by Windows 10 saying the published is unverified. I can't remove the publisher name from the unverified list as the remove button is greyed out. Incidentally a lot of other antivirus programs listed as unverified.

I've been in touch with McAfee and they remotely tried to fix the issue but said it's wasn't a McAfee software problem

I've been in touch with Dell and after much ado they did a system restore which temporarily resolved the issue until the windows updates were installed again.

I've posted in the Microsoft community and they say McAfee needs to be updated.

When I click on the properties of the file McUICnt.exe, then click on digital signatures, then click details it shows this message: A certificate was explicitly revoked by it's issuer.

I would be grateful for any assitance.

Justin Carr

4 Replies

Re: Windows update blocking LiveSafe

System Restore would only serve to start the whole thing over again, so no point in it.

I would contact Technical Support again and quote the session ID number to them and ask for escalation.

I have Windows 10 but am using beta software on it with no issues, so not sure why you are seeing this.

One thing to check, however.  Is your system clock accurate time, time-zone and date?

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Do you have any other Anti-Virus applications installed also? Try starting in Safe Mode and checking for updates.

I have both Windows 7/Windows 10 and I am not experiencing any issue either?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I'm having exactly the same issue.  I'm unable to start McAfee, and found out that "A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer".  

Were you able to solve this issue?

Kind regards

Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Hello PuercoRosa

Please confirm if you are still facing the issue? If yes, I will send you an email to remote into your computer and have the issue resolved.

Regards
Farhan
Tier 2.5 Technician

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community