cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why McAffee LifeSave takes all available hard disk space (30GB at mine laptop)?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a big problem with a C: partition on my hard drive. It has a low volume (90GB) of which 30GB are eaten by LifeSafe? It is not very helpful when 1/3 of available free space is taken by the antyvirus software and the other 1/3 is taken by Windows10 (almost 25GB)....

I can recall times of C64 having only 64kB of RAM....McAffe take 30GB.jpg.png

Does anoyone knows how to limit this appetite?

Best regards,
Paweł

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why McAffee LifeSave takes all available hard disk space (30GB at mine laptop)?

Jump to solution

Thank you but I found quicker solution myself. Instead of going time-consuming process of removing whole product, then re-installing it I analyzed the size of sub-folders in \MacAffee\WebAdvisor and found out that log in DownloadScan.dll waste huge GBs if disk space. So I just removed old log file.

On the other hand it is a pity that finding a bug McAfee developers don't create a patch that cleans-up a mess after failed solution... but instead you just let user to uninstall, install and spend next hours maintaining software.

Paweł

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why McAffee LifeSave takes all available hard disk space (30GB at mine laptop)?

Jump to solution

Hello @PawelWloch 

Please perform a complete McAfee re-installation and it should fix the issue as we suspect that it might be caused due to cache, temp files.

Uninstall - How to remove McAfee products from a PC running Windows

Reinstall - How to download and install McAfee consumer products

After re-installation, please observe for few days and check if the same issue re-occurs. Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate 

Jump to solution

Thank you but I found quicker solution myself. Instead of going time-consuming process of removing whole product, then re-installing it I analyzed the size of sub-folders in \MacAffee\WebAdvisor and found out that log in DownloadScan.dll waste huge GBs if disk space. So I just removed old log file.

On the other hand it is a pity that finding a bug McAfee developers don't create a patch that cleans-up a mess after failed solution... but instead you just let user to uninstall, install and spend next hours maintaining software.

Paweł

viper86
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

worked so well just got 50gig back

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community