Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernal
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Website won't open with VPN

Can't access my website https://www.reclinerland.com/ with VPN turned on. No countries are being filtered. Other VPNs are fine. Could be something with traces or am I configured something wrong?

Thanks,
Rob

6 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Website won't open with VPN

Hi @Bernal 

Please follow the below steps and try to access the URL and update the status.

1. Turn on VPN protection in the app.
  2. Select a Virtual Location based on the content you want to access. For example, to access a streaming service in the U.S, select the US virtual location.
  3. Verify that your IP address reflects the Virtual Location at www.findipinfo.com.
  4. Try to access the website again.

Clear your browser’s cookies

1. Turn off protection in Safe Connect.
  2. Clear your browser’s cookies.
  3. In Safe Connect, turn on protection again.
  4. Restart your browser and try to access the content again.
appie12
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi There,

I have faced same issue. I can't open this website https://www.cordlifeindia.com/ after installing mcafee on my laptop. I haven't installed any VPN but still I can't open it. I do not understand what is the actual issues. Should I uninstall it?

I can open the site with Mcafee Livesafe 16.0.R37 build.

No VPN installed.

Suggest you try a clean uninstall reinstall  or call support.

Call McAfee support

How to remove McAfee

appie12
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

I have reinstalled it again and clear all the cache... now it is working fine.. thanks

In this world, there are so many options to bypass the Internet traffic restrictions. But you can't browse the web content like your back in school days with a VPN as it operates using only UDP packets.

There is no way to get around this limitation. People have been trying out various ways to get around this problem using VPNs, proxies and other methods.

This article will tell you how a website can be accessed with a VPN and why it doesn't work on your desktop PC or laptop computer server.

In order to access your website from outside of your country or from an IP address in another country (possibly even from another continent), you will need a virtual private network . This makes sure that all traffic is encrypted and authenticated before being sent for delivery over the Internet.

i have also facing the same issue on my client's site!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community