cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masterpaul
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade? to LiveSafe

After years of trouble-free subscription to All Access, I was automatically moved to LiveSafe and the whole experience has been a nightmare. After watching a support person install on one computer - thank you Jagadeesh - I was able to self install on the other PCs in the house, but the mobiles and tablets are a complete dysfunctional disaster. McAfee account keeps diverting to Google Play, refuses to recognize email addresses, PINs, reference numbers, the PINs sent are flagged as incorrect, so much so that I'm now locked out.
I should point out that I never use Google Play, yet somehow the Samsung updates go through via them.

Since I pay my subscription direct to McAfee, why does this have to be so hard ?

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade? to LiveSafe

Hello @Masterpaul ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,

To install the McAfee on mobile phone/tablet without using google play click on the link below,

Install the McAfee on mobile phone/tablet without using google play 

Please reply with the outcome so that we can assist you better.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Masterpaul 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I would like to inform you that in Android mobile device not only McAfee but all the application update can be done only through play store. That is the reason McAfee is redirecting you to play store to get the latest updates. In order to unlock your device, kindly follow the below link.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...  

Please let us know in case if the issue still persist.

Regards,

Krithika S

Masterpaul
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Sorry nothing is working.

I can only get the free McAfee Mobile Security, despite paying for LiveSafe.

When I open my account, one active computer is indicating a problem with the install, despite apparently working.

The account lists numerous obsolete devices, which i cannot delete.

I am now looking at cancelling my subscription and demanding a full refund.

Your diversions to Google Play are no help at all, another waste of space company.

KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Masterpaul 

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please access the below link that will connect to a Chat technician and your issue will be addressed.

McAfee Support

Please enter your information and it will connect to a Chat technician. If you still have issues connecting to our Support, please let us know.

Regards,

Krithika S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community