Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Updates stuck at 0%

Hi, for some time now Windows security notifications keeps telling me that my mcafee protection is out of date (it's still in date). When I click to manually update it starts (circle spins), however it stays at 0%. I have left it for significant periods of time, but it stays the same, 0%.

Other features such as a manual quick scan seem to work fine, but this problem persists.

Windows 10, hp laptop.

Many thanks

5 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Message 2 of 6

Re: Updates stuck at 0%

Hi @Pete1,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please follow the below article and update us the outcome.

McAfee Update Issue

Also provide us the screenshot of your engine version which you can find in the about page.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Pete1
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Hi, still not able to update, looking at the about page nothing has been updated since 2018. Please see screenshot attached. Thank you.

Allwyn_GI
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Pete1,

Thank you for the screenshot. Please let us know your Operating system and the Windows version, the computer is running.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Pete1
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

Windows 10 Home

Version - 20H2

Have you ever considered to uninstall and reinstall the program?

How to remove McAfee

the preinstall tool prior to reinstalling

Preinstall Tool

Make sure you reboot after each item ie windows uninstall...reboot run mcpr reboot

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community