cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two mfefire.exe tasks and two mfevtps.exe tasks run simultaneously

Why would there be two McAfee firewall Processes and two McAfee process validation Processes running simultaneously? When I look in my task manager, I almost always see multiple instances of these and sometimes other McAfee processes running at the same time. Of course, I'm wondering if this causes performance issues or slows down my PC. I don't suppose that any malware could disguise itself as a duplicate copy (just paranoia, perhaps). I have always found this odd. Now I do frequently use multiple browsers and even multiple tabs within the browsers simultaneously - say, for example, to do javascript programming in Visual Studio while I sporadically check the news and stream some radio talk show all at the same time; might that contribute to the multiple instances, or is this just the way McAfee LiveSafe handles things?

. . .

Just wondering, and thanks for any info that might be forthcoming.

4 Replies

Re: Two mfefire.exe tasks and two mfevtps.exe tasks run simultaneously

I have 2 Mcafee Core Firewall services as well as 2 validation services. Not an issue as far as I can see but i will ask on Monday when we mods call into our weekly chat.

I wanna know too. I learned why the Text Extractor has two or more process nut i didn't understood why Validation process has multiple processes.

Text extraction with McAfee DLP Endpoint
Text extraction is supported on Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X computers.
The text extractor can run multiple processes depending on the number of cores in the processor.
• A single core processor runs only one process.
• Dual-core processors run up to two processes.
• Multi-core processors run up to three simultaneous processes.
If multiple users are logged on, each user has their own set of processes. Thus, the number of text
extractors depends on the number of cores and the number of user sessions. The multiple processes
can be viewed in the Windows Task Manager. Maximum memory usage for the text extractor is
configurable. The default is 75 MB.

I asked the comment was this can happen the tech observed it also on his desktop and said if the program is working ignore this. He will investigate this further. Post back to remind me to chase him up if I have not posted back in a week.

RajuBhai
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Mcafee doesnt provide any solution. Installing Mcafee slows down the computer and minimizes individual's productivity therefore its a junk product - DELETE / UN-INSTALL

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community