cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 1 of 28

TEMPORARY FILE NOT BEING REMOVED AFTER CLICKING ON TRACKER REMOVER WITH QUICK CLEAN

Jump to solution

When I go to tracker remover quick clean I click on it and it starts to remove cookies, temporary files and such. The problem is it is not removing all the temporary files in fact it is gaining in temporary files not removed. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 28

Re: TEMPORARY FILE NOT BEING REMOVED AFTER CLICKING ON TRACKER REMOVER WITH QUICK CLEAN

Jump to solution

Hi @RUNNTY,

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working towards a fix at the earliest. We kindly request you to help us with the OS version and the McAfee version you are working with. 

We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Avinash.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 28

Re: TEMPORARY FILE NOT BEING REMOVED AFTER CLICKING ON TRACKER REMOVER WITH QUICK CLEAN

Jump to solution

Hi @RUNNTY,

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working towards a fix at the earliest. We kindly request you to help us with the OS version and the McAfee version you are working with. 

We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Avinash.

RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 3 of 28

Jump to solution

OKAY . THANK -YOU

misabot
Contributor II
Message 4 of 28

Jump to solution

You are not alone.

Experiencing the same problem.

Received same response to the problem.

Have not received response to my question as to if my PC's security is at risk while this problem exists.

EliMoon
Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. I use McAfee Livesafe with Windows 11 and it is not only not deleting temporary files with my tracker remover but is actually adding them. The problem started with 55 it could not remove & within a week its up to 220! What should I do?

RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 6 of 28

Jump to solution

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee Livesafe. This did not help.Temp files gaining rapidly yet and they will not remove with tracker.McAfee says they are aware of the problem.Almost a month now and still not fixed.Hopefully McAfee will get his problem fixed.I have over 1500 e led that will not delete.

RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 7 of 28

Jump to solution

over 1500 temp files that tracker remover will not delete and growing

Lugosi
Contributor II
Message 8 of 28

Jump to solution

Tracker Remover does not delete temporary files. It ADDS to them. I'm up to 673. I called the support line, and the person asked to take control of my device remotely. I mean really. McAfee needs to address this problem with a solution. What am I paying for? 

misabot
Contributor II
Message 9 of 28

Jump to solution

I contacted Mcafee in regards to this issue. 

Until their software engineers can fix the program, those files can be removed manually by:

Right click windows icon at bottom left of screen

Hit:  Run

Type:  %temp%  in display box. Hit ok.

Delete all files displayed on the temporary file screen

Empty recycle bin

Worked for me. Ran McAfee Tracker Removal.  All temporary files were gone 

JimmyC
Contributor II
Message 10 of 28

Jump to solution

Still have problem with McAfee failing to remove temp files. In fact, Temp files are growing daily.

System info -

Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1586

McAfee LiveSafe Version 16.0, Release Name 16.0R44, Updated 3-23-22

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community