cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tzon
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Should I enable Intrusion Protection / Detection?

Jump to solution

I have noticed that the Intrusion Protection setting in McAfee LiveSafe was off by default, although "basic" protection seems to be recommended. 

Should I turn on this feature? Why is it off by default? 

intr.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bharani_BD
Message 4 of 4

Re: Should I enable Intrusion Protection / Detection?

Jump to solution

Hi @Tzon 

Yes, you may enable 'Intrusion Detection'. This will alert you if any (Intruders) devices try to get connected with your home network without your permission. The Intrusion detection will be Off as per the design and it can be enabled as per user requirement.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GadgeUK
Level 8
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

I can't say for certain why this feature is turned off by default but I'd guess that it has to do with potential compatibility / false positive problems from the past.  I used to be an admin for the enterprise edition of McAfee's products and intrusion protection could be a bit twitchy if you didn't configure it correctly.  That being said, I've enabled this on all of the home systems I manage for my family and have yet to have any problems with it.  You could always enable this and see how you get on.  Not a great answer I know but thought I'd just share my experience of it.

Tzon
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Ok, I will try it! Thanks.

Bharani_BD
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Tzon 

Yes, you may enable 'Intrusion Detection'. This will alert you if any (Intruders) devices try to get connected with your home network without your permission. The Intrusion detection will be Off as per the design and it can be enabled as per user requirement.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community