cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several 2GB log files?

I recently ran a file/folder size scan on my Win7 x64 PC which has McAfee LiveSafe, and noticed that I have several 1.94GB .log files in some McAfee folders - here are the locations:

1)   C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC\Logs\D7FB805D-8827-4A38-8241-340B5D18D9F7.log

2)   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\McAfee\MSC\Logs\D7FB805D-8827-4A38-8241-340B5D18D9F7.log

3)   C:\Users\All Users\McAfee\MSC\Logs\D7FB805D-8827-4A38-8241-340B5D18D9F7.log

That's about 6GB! Anybody know what these are, whether they can be shrunk? My drive is somewhat limnited in space currently, and I'd like to free up some room... Also, just FYI none of those locations/files show up in my Registry anywhere...

Thanks folks!@

3 Replies

Re: Several 2GB log files?

Those are the software logs for the last 60 days I believe.

If you want to get rid of them you can ask Technical Support if there is perhaps some kind of verbose logging turned on in error. as they shouldn't be that large.

Contact Support

Agreed my largest are 124Mb have you called support recently?

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I am inclined also to agree with Collegues Ex_Brit/Peacekeeper. As the largest file I can see on my system is only 73mb. Indeed a call to Technical Support is in order.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community