Lou2
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Scan plus

I cannot get Scan Plus to open.  I get this message:  

! PROGRAM NOT COMPATIBLE 

MCAFEE SCAN PLUS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WHEN WINDOWS 10 HVCI MODE IS ENABLED

PLEASE CLOSE APPLICATION

I have Windows 11 not Windows 10.  This is a new computer that had Windows 11 on it when I bought it.  I read all the support articles about this.  One article, TS103335, 08/15/22, has a link to download the new version of Scan Plus.  It downloads but I get the above message and cannot go any further.  It seems like no one can figure this out by reading the posts.  I have attached an attachment with this post.

4 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 5

Re: Scan plus

Hi @Lou2 

Greetings From McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. For win11 computers the McAfee scan plus apps not compatible. To get McAfee on your device, you need to purchase McAfee subscription or install trial subscription in your device.

Alternatively, you can reach our chat support from below link for more information.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

I have Mcafee LiveSafe.

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

And I have an open ticket on this problem.  I talked to customer service for well over an hour and he couldn’t figure it out.  That’s why my ticket is still open.

smu2602
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Ganesh, when will this get fixed? In other words, how long will I not have security scan features I pay for in my subscription? Seems like a lot of money wasted.

My experience is that security scans worked on Win 11 before, then there was some change with an update on McAfee's end, and now it no longer works. Similar to Lou2, I have LiveSafe

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community