Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Questions about LiVeSafe/Net Guard

Jump to solution

I recently had an ip address show up in Net Guard. I want to know what the ip address was. I had hit the restore defaults button and the ip address disappeared. I didn't know this would happen. Is there a way to figure out exactly what this ip address was? My second question is, do Ip addresses that show up in Net Guard also show up in security history as incoming connection blocked? I'm trying to figure out what ip address tried to attack my computer, but unfortunately I don't remember exactly what time the event occurred so if it is in security history I am having to make an educated guess. So I would really prefer to figure out what the ip address was that used to be in Net Guard. Is there a way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Questions about LiVeSafe/Net Guard

Jump to solution

Hello @Former Member 

If you hit the Restore Defaults button, it will clear those ip addresses. We are sorry to inform you that, there is no option from McAfee end to find out from where the ips came from. The next time when you see such suspicious connections, please get in touch with your ISP and let them know the situation and they would be able to check and update you.

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Questions about LiVeSafe/Net Guard

Jump to solution

Hello @Former Member 

If you hit the Restore Defaults button, it will clear those ip addresses. We are sorry to inform you that, there is no option from McAfee end to find out from where the ips came from. The next time when you see such suspicious connections, please get in touch with your ISP and let them know the situation and they would be able to check and update you.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community