cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRH3
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

No access to certain sites when Macafee VPN connected

Running an Acer All-in-one on W10  (will not upgrade to W11) I found access to some sites (like Sainsburys and My account in the BT website though I could access the main site) was blocked.  After various attempts to solve the problem, I disconnected VPN - and found I could access those sites.

At the same time the Fritz Box router I use through my ISP Zen was at odd times each day saying it was disconnected though I still had internet access. So far, having disconnected VPN, problem seems to have disappeared.

Anyone else have similar problems because of VPN  ? And  any way to use VPN without such side effects ?

JRH

2 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 3

Re: No access to certain sites when Macafee VPN connected

Hi @JRH3 

Greetings from McAfee

Kindly provide us the screenshot , operating system version and McAfee version to investigate the issue or we recommend that you contact our consumer chat support using below link

McAfee Consumer Chat Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

bilg
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: No access to certain sites when Macafee VPN connected

I have same problem trying to access my AT&T bellsouth email account:  the process times out.

When I close the timed out page, and turn off the VPN,  I can then access the email website for password authentication.  Doesn't make sense to have to give up VPN privacy with your email password.

Did McAfee support provide a solution?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community